Membership is comprised of three parts:
You must have a current fiscal year (Jan – Dec) Model Aeronautics Association of Canada (MAAC) membership. MAAC provides you with $7,500,000 of liability insurance coverage and you must have a valid MAAC membership to fly at the KW Flying Dutchmen field or any other Canadian MAAC or Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA) sanctioned flying field in the United States.
You’re KW Flying Dutchmen membership also includes a full membership in the Waterloo Rod and Gun Club (WRG) as the flying field is located on the WRG property.
The benefits of membership in the KW Flying Dutchmen are numerous:
- 5 acre site with 500′ x 300′ manicured grass runway
- Summer and Winter flying, Indoor Flying @ RIM (Manulife Sportsplex) Park
- Clubhouse with heat available in winter
- Clubhouse is serviced with electricity for charging batteries
- Active social programs with BBQ’s, Annual Scale Rally, Fun Flys, Camping long weekends, monthly club meetings (during winter months)
- Restroom facilities on site
- Pop machine and fridge in clubhouse
- Webcams to see field activity online