IMPORTANT: The KWFD are now accepting memberships for the 2024 calendar year. 2024 Membership fees are due to be paid up by Dec 1, 2023. Reference the 2024 KWFD Membership Application link below for instructions. Please note that MAAC membership is a separate fee and there is a KWFD membership cap in effect for 2024.
Membership in the KW Flying Dutchmen club requires you to have a valid current year MAAC membership to fly at the KW Flying Dutchmen field. Model Aeronautics Association Of Canada (MAAC) membership provides you with $7,500,000 liability insurance.
From MAAC website:
All MAAC members flying remotely controlled models (RPA) must comply with all Transport Canada CAR Part IX regulations and the MAAC Safety Code – note the MAAC safety code covers RPA between 0 and 25kg. More information on legally flying a RPA in Canada can be found on the Transport Canada ‘Flying your drone safely and legally’ webpage.
Members must have at least a Pilot Certificate – Small Remotely Piloted Aircraft (VLOS) – Basic Operations and register with Transport Canada any RPA they fly.
The benefits of membership in the KW Flying Dutchmen are numerous:
- 5 acre site with 500′ x 300′ manicured grass runway
- Summer and Winter flying, Indoor Flying @ RIM (Manulife Sportsplex) Park
- Clubhouse with heat available in winter
- Clubhouse is serviced with electricity for charging batteries
- Active social programs with BBQ’s, Annual Scale Rally, Fun Flys, Camping long weekends, monthly club meetings (during winter months)
- Restroom facilities on site
- Pop machine and fridge in clubhouse
- Webcams to see field activity online